Licensing for EAM

    Licensing requirement for EAM - Distribution of Capital Markets Products

    The capital markets services (“CMS”) licence for dealing in capital markets products is required, if the EAM wants to offer capital markets products to prospects/clients or facilitate their transactions for capital markets products other than collective investment schemes managed by the EAM or a group company of the EAM without providing financial advice to the prospect/client.

    Do note that an EAM wishing to carry out activities under the CMS licences for fund management and for dealing in capital markets products should employ different staff to carry out the respective activities due to conflicts of interest.

    Go to full article